- This event has passed.
WXPN Welcomes David Bromberg Quintet (Livestream)
September 21 @ 8:00 pm - 11:59 pm
In its first ticketed livestream event, Arden Concert Gild presents David Bromberg Quintet streaming live from the Gild Hall in Arden, Delaware on David’s 75th Birthday – September 19, 2020.
David Bromberg has been a force in American music since the late 1960’s. As an accompanist to Jerry Jeff Walker, Bromberg caught the ear of Bob Dylan, eventually backing Dylan on albums including Self-Portrait and New Morning. Before long, Bromberg was everywhere: in recording sessions with John Prine, Ringo Starr, Willie Nelson and Carly Simon, writing with George Harrison and playing festivals around the world, including the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival where Bromberg tamed a raucous crowd of 400,000, gaining four encores and a record contract with Columbia Records.
Bromberg’s recordings for Columbia and Fantasy Records revealed him as something of a musical cuisinart – into the funnel went blues, country, bluegrass, rock and roll, R&B, Irish fiddle tunes, Dixieland jazz and gospel. The music that resulted was a new category: Americana, though the genre remained unnamed for decades. After a decade of non-stop touring and recording and at the peak of his career Bromberg abruptly dropped out of the music scene, relocating to Chicago to learn the intricacies of violin building and identification.
A later move to Wilmington, Delaware prompted a return to performing for Bromberg who released the Grammy nominated Try Me One More Time in 2006. Fourteen years and four albums later David is still on a roll. His 2020 Compass Records album, Big Road, stayed in the top ten on the Billboard Blues Chart for two months and top fifteen on the Americana Music Association Album charts.
“…there are few stylistic initiatives he’s failed to explore, making him as fine a representative of arched Americana as any contemporary either before or since.…Bromberg continues to top himself in any number of ways…”
– Lee Zimmerman/American Songwriter
About The Livestream / FAQs
- The show will be professionally video and audio recorded (multiple cinema cameras) and will be streamed live with a high-bitrate connection to a private page on this site, accessible only with your virtual ticket.
- You will receive an email the week of the show with a link to access the streaming page. You’ll be able to comment and chat with other viewers during the broadcast directly on the page.
- Like watching your livestreams on your TV or mobile device? You’re in luck! Further instructions will be included in the forthcoming email and on the streaming page itself.
- Can’t watch the stream while it’s live? Watch an encore performance of the stream anytime (or as many times as you like) for 48 hours after the conclusion of the broadcast.
- Remember: the price of one streaming ticket is good for one whole household. (PLEASE be safe if you decide to have a watch party!)
- That said, the Arden Club is a non-profit, volunteer-operated community organization. Feel free to snag an extra virtual ticket to show your support, or make a donation by visiting https://paypal.me/ardenclub
- The VIP upgrade includes access to an exclusive “in conversation”-style video interview with David and Emmy Award-winning actor/musician Jeff Daniels, discussing their mutual appreciation for each other’s work, performing, David’s remarkable career, and more.
- If you have any questions, or issues while ordering: please contact us! We’ll respond right away.
Snag Some Limited Edition Merch! (then scroll down for tickets)
ACCESSING THE STREAM
Login to your account at ardenconcerts.com/login using your email address or username. (Forgot your password? Click the “Lost Your Password?” link.)
Click the green highlighted link on your Account page to access the broadcast.
If you go to the page prior to 6pm eastern Saturday, you’ll see a green message box confirming that your account has access to the stream. Please note that neither the embedded player nor the link will not be posted prior to 6pm eastern on Saturday. At that time, that message box will be replaced with the actual livestream. Read on for more details.
You’ll be able to choose your experience – watch right on the page with our embedded Twitch player, or stream to your smart TV, Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku with the YouTube stream link.
During the event, you’ll also be able to chat with other fans on both platforms.
Make sure to tune in at 7:30pm eastern for the pre-show featuring birthday wishes from some of David’s friends and collaborators.
Return to this page to replay the event until 11:59pm eastern on Monday, September 21.
The VIP content will go live on the same page at 10pm Eastern Saturday.
Please forward this email to email@example.com and include the name and email address for the recipient(s) of the tickets. We’ll provide you and the recipient with the appropriate access information.
OPTIMIZING YOUR VIEWING EXPERIENCE
- Utilize a hardwired connection rather than wi-fi when possible.
- For best quality, select “1080p” or “1080p / Source” under quality settings of the stream. If you have any trouble streaming at 1080p, your internet speed may be slower than expected. Be sure other users on your connection are not streaming a lot of content, and try lowering the quality to 720p or 540p.
- You have two options to connect the stream to your TV: use the YouTube stream link with the YouTube iOS or Android app to cast the stream to your smart TV, Apple TV or Roku from your phone, or you can share your screen via AirPlay or Chromecast.
Need to test your Smart TV connection ahead of Saturday’s show? Try streaming this wonderful performance of “Big Road” from David’s latest album of the same name.
T-shirts and posters are being printed as we speak, and we anticipate shipping all orders beginning on Monday, September 21. Stay tuned for your tracking information!
Thanks to our Partners: